Friday, April 2, 2010

April 2, 2010 - Day 235


Ink on 250gsm Stonehenge 100% Cotton Vellum Watercolor Paper

It really became very apparent to me tonight that the basis of all my blocks is the fear of making a mistake. Once again I spent a lot of time agonizing over what to paint. I considered doing a self portrait but discarded that idea for the simple reason that I am smiling in all my pictures and I didn't think that I would be able to paint my teeth accurately.

I finally chose to paint Patrick Swayze from his younger days. When I started the painting I had already resigned myself to the fact that I might totally fail at it and that even if I did I was going to post it anyways. I think it turned out OK - I would have liked the lightest shade of ink to be even lighter but all in all it's not bad.

I think I am just going to have to suck it up and create all my sketches or paintings on artist quality stock and if anything ends up in the garbage then that is just the cost of doing business. I have to stop worrying about wasting paint or wasting paper/canvas and just create even if the piece only ends up being a practice or learning piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment