Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19, 2010 - Day 252

Ink on 250gsm Stonehenge 100% Cotton Vellum Finish Paper

Tonight I attempted to paint Katherine Zeta-Jones twice and both times I failed to achieve the likeness. I used the same placement and shape of eyes, nostrils and mouth and the same basic face shape but still the shading was off.

The first painting I did I used my usual #5 round and I ended up with a young girl. The second painting I did I used a 00 liner and while I ended up with a mature woman it isn't Katherine Zeta-Jones. The liner brush did produce better results though and I think that I will continue to use it for the next little while on the portraits.

I have to admit that I am getting pissed off at my inability to paint a likeness - now I am just getting stubborn with it and I am not going to quit until I accomplish this goal! Grrrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment