Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 14, 2010 - Day 216

Ink and watercolor on 140lb Lanaquarelle hot press watercolor paper

Getting bored with this style now too. On the plus side though I really like the Lanaquarelle paper. All the paper I have been using is 140lb but the Lanaquarelle feels sturdier and stronger than some of the other ones I have been using since I started the ink and wash paintings.

I don't know where I want to go with the ink and wash paintings. I really love the absolute blackness of the india ink but I don't like fiddling with line drawings. I like the looseness of the last 4 paintings but hate that they have no subject. I don't know how to create high contrast representational paintings in india ink.

I will have more time over the next 3 days to experiment. Maybe I will come up with some new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment