Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February 9, 2010 - Day 183

Acrylic on 250lb Bockingford watercolor paper

Now for something completely different! I got bored with the doors so decided to try something else. There is an artist on the internet (can't remember who or where) that does splashes of color on watercolor paper. Once the paint is dry they look for an image within the randomness and use paint and ink to bring out that image. That is what I was going for here but I liked the way the paint flowed so I decided to keep it as is - well, that and I couldn't really see any image to bring out :D

This painting really reminds me of the pictures of space nebula and galaxies that I have seen. I have been a Trekkie since the 1980's watching Star Trek: The Next Generation and have been wanting to paint sometihng sci-fi for a long time but I have been too scared to try. Even now I am scared to try. What will I paint? How will it turn out? Don't have a clue but it seems really silly to me to not paint the things that I love like sci-fi and fantasy. Those are my favorite type of books so why am I so blocked about painting something like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment