Monday, December 14, 2009

December 14, 2009 - Day 126

Acrylic on 300lb Lanaquarelle hot press watercolor paper

I picked a gingerbread man as my subject tonight because I thought that it would be so easy to do compared to the bow that I did last night and the peppermint candy the night before. In hindsight, red probably wasn't the best choice for a background color. I must admit though that my head just wasn't in the game tonight and I really didn't have much motivation to paint this subject.

Before I started this blog I would have been so down on myself for not creating a "masterpiece" but after 126 days I realize that there are going to be days when my painting doesn't turn out. It is not the end of the world - I'll just start a new one tomorrow.

On the plus side I finally finished a painting of a puppy holding a candy cane that I started a week ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment