Friday, December 25, 2009

December 25, 2009 - Day 137

Acrylic on 300lb Saunders Waterford cold press watercolor paper

Finally had to give up on this one because I just didn't know what else to do to make the skin tones more realistic. They are almost there. I know that they just need SOMETHING and it would totally come together. Unfortunately I don't know what that something is. I worked on the skin for an hour but it was getting to the point that I was going to try one more thing and that one more thing would totally mess it up and then have to start all over again.

I have to say that I am happy with probably 80% of the painting. Specifically the robe, halos and eyes. Originally I had tried to paint Mary's hand holding the baby but I couldn't get the shape right so I just painted over it with the robe color and the baby's blanket color. I figured that it probably wouldn't really change the effectiveness of the painting.

Last day of the Christmas themes. Tomorrow it is on to alcoholic drinks - more specifically my favorite alcoholic drinks. That series will end on New Years Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment