Friday, November 27, 2009

November 27, 2009 - Day 109

Acrylic on 140 lb Bockingford cold press watercolor paper

I ran out of the illustration board so I decided to use my watercolor paper instead. A lot of the acrylic artists making and selling ACEOs (2 1/2 inch by 3 1/2 inch paintings) on eBay use watercolor paper instead of canvas or illustration board. I like using the paper because I can tape it down to my board and it doesn't move around on me. The paper is also much thicker than the linen canvas that I was using.

For my palette, I am using an old dinner plate with plastic wrap on top. This works really well because when I am done painting all I have to do is peel the wrap off and throw it away. It makes clean up a lot quicker.

I found today's painting to be challenging. It is very hard for me to paint thick fluffy fur. The painting turned out OK but I think that I have to learn that sometimes less is more. I think if I would have painted a dark base coat and then just added some lighter fur detail I would have achieved the same effect with half the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment