Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 18, 2009 - Day 100

Da Vinci watercolor on 140 lb Bockingford cold press paper

I am glad that today is the last day with watercolors. I just couldn't make the painting turn out. I really didn't know how to paint all the different types of trees in the background and it just turned into a solid green mass.

It has been a long time since I painted with acrylics. I wonder if I will find it really easy now that I have spent so much time painting in such an unforgiving medium like watercolors. I am going to really enjoy have the freedom to paint over something that doesn't turn out.

If this painting would have been in acrylic I could have just kept re-working the background trees until they looked right but I can't really do that with watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment