Saturday, November 14, 2009

November 14, 2009 - Day 96

Da Vinci watercolor on 140 lb Langton cold press paper

This painting is of Macaulay Point in Victoria, BC. It is my absolute favorite spot in Victoria and the place where I walked beside the ocean for the first time. It will always be a special place to me.

Today is the last day with the Langton paper. It was OK but I didn't like the roughness of it. It might work all right for larger paintings but with this smaller size I found it too rough for my use. I am picking up a Legend watercolor sampler tomorrow (I think). It has different types of paper including my Bockingford. Some of the papers are tinted which will be interesting to try.

As well, I think that Day 100 will be my last day with the watercolors for awhile. If all goes as planned I will be switching to acrylics for 100 days. After that I don't know what I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment