Saturday, October 3, 2009

October 3, 2009 - Day 54

Da Vinci watercolor on 140 lb Aquarelle cold press watercolor paper


I hit a roadblock today - I just didn't want to paint another painting. In the past, I would have just said "OK, so I don't feel like painting today. I can always paint something tomorrow". The problem with that is I wouldn't paint anything the next day. I probably wouldn't paint anything for the next week or longer. Once I lose the momentum I can go months without painting which is why I originally started this blog.

There is a cartoon strip called "The Other Coast" and they have 2 cartoons that really apply to me right now. Here are the links to the cartoons that I am talking about:

The Other Coast: 2009-09-21

The Other Coast: 2009-09-25

Who knows by day 100 you may just see a polar bear in a snowstorm or a series of paintings of my bathroom fixtures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment