Monday, September 7, 2009

September 7, 2009 - Day 28

Da Vinci watercolor on 140 lb Aquarelle cold press watercolor paper

Ran out of Bockingford cold press watercolor paper yesterday so I decided that I would try the Aquarelle. There is a slight difference in the way the colors blend and I don't think that the Aquarelle is quite as bright a white as the Bockingford. It is a pretty good paper though and it comes in a 9 x 12 wire bound tablet.

Today I decided to paint two paintings. One for my blog and one to sell. I started with another red pepper painting and then I painted the strawberries. The pepper painting turned out good but the strawberries were much better.

That created a dilemma. Do I list the strawberries to sell because it is a better painting or do I list it on my blog to better showcase the improvements in my art? In the end, I felt that the red pepper painting would still sell even if it wasn't perfect and I would rather have something I was really proud of on my blog rather than something that was just OK.

I think that over the next little while I am going to start experimenting with different types of watercolor paper just to see if there is any difference. I learned to paint watercolors on the Bockingford and really liked so I never tried anything else. There are quite a few other brands out there that are very popular with professional artists that I would like to try. I think I will also try tinted paper as well.



Current Ebay Auctions


No comments:

Post a Comment