Saturday, September 5, 2009

September 5, 2009 - Day 26

Da Vinci watercolor on 140lb Bockingford cold press watercolor paper

Its official - I have created more paintings in the last 26 days than I did all of last year. Wow - that feels really really good.

This project has done wonders for my confidence as an artist. Prior to starting this blog I thought that I wasn't capable of producing the quantity or quality of paintings that I would need to make even a part-time living as an artist. Now, whenever I start to doubt my abilities I can look at my work for this blog and realize that I am capable of being a prolific and successful artist.

I had so many excuses before for not painting. My life isn't any less busy than it was last year. In fact, I think I have less free time now yet I have been able to create 1 painting a day for the last 26 days. Now, I know that there is no excuse for not painting or creating.

I am also finding that the process is getting easier. When I first started the blog it was all I could do to create that 1 painting but now I am finding that I am starting to paint even more. I am inspired to paint additional paintings to sell. Currently on ebay I have 2 listings. I had painted a monochromatic harvest scene and I painted a blue crayon yesterday to list. You can view my current auctions here:


Current Ebay Auctions


No comments:

Post a Comment