Friday, September 4, 2009

September 4, 2009 - Day 25



Da Vinci watercolor on 140lb Bockingford cold press watercolor paper


Today was a very productive day indeed! The sun was shining brightly and I love the look of bright sunlight on objects :) I took 150 reference photographs of peppers, oranges, bananas and cucumbers so expect to see some fruit and vegetable paintings in the near future. I will probably paint a red pepper tomorrow to keep it within the red theme for a little while longer.

I decided to do a painting of a crayon just because it is back to school time and I have been buying school supplies for my son this week. I thought that it would be fun to paint and fun to look at. I enjoyed creating this painting so much that I think I might do a series of crayons to list on ebay. I wonder if something like this would sell?

Speaking of selling on ebay - I have a painting listed for the ACEO ebay group September theme week which is "Harvest Festival". Entry requirements for the theme week are that all artwork must be 3 1/2 inches by 2 1/2 inches; have a starting price of $4.99 and listing length of 7 days. To search for all the paintings put "ACEO TW" in the search box and it will bring up all the paintings entered in this month's theme week.


There are only 3 days 18 hours left on my listing and I don't have any bids yet. It would be nice if it sold but maybe if it doesn't I can still win in the "People's Choice" category. There is no money to be won but it would be nice to receive the recognition from other ACEO artists.


Harvest Festival Theme Week ACEO on Ebay

1 comment: