Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September 30, 2009 - Day 51

Da Vinci watercolor on 140 lb Aquarelle cold press watercolor paper


After yesterday's success with the Rhododendron"Rainbow Reflection" painting I thought I would try to use the same process to create a yellow Iris. In my mind I know what I should do but I can't translate that into a painting. I tried 5 times but this was the best that I could do. First the paper was too wet. Then it was too dry. Then the paint was too thin. Then it was too thick. If any thing is even a little bit off the technique won't work.

I really want to improve my "Rainbow Reflection" paintings because they are so much fun to do and they are so bright and cheerful. I would like to be able to use this technique to create everything from landscapes to florals to figures.

I mean, can you imagine what it would look like to paint a female dancing figure with the flowing brilliant color of yesterday's painting??? It would be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment