Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 3, 2009 - Day 24


Da Vinci watercolor on Bockingford 140lb cold press watercolor paper

Things did not flow well for today's painting. One of those days where I just woke up tired and really wasn't motivated to paint. I had to paint this morning though because I will be going to work after lunch and won't be back until 9 pm. I know I won't have the motivation to paint then.

I hate having to steal a couple hours of time to paint each day. Today I am so frustrated at my lack of sales and having to work full-time when I would rather be creating. Right now I would be happy if I could consistently make enough money from my art to be able to go part-time at work. I am in a catch-22 situation though. In order to have more time to paint I need to sell more paintings but I don't have the time to create them.

This frustration leads to second guessing my subjects, medium and size of paintings. Maybe if I painted a certain subject or if I painted large paintings I would make enough money to quit my job. The fact is though that I love painting these small paintings and I love having the freedom to choose whatever I want to paint for that day.

I don't want to limit myself in my art but I feel that if I continue creating the way I am that I am going to be stuck on this hamster wheel for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment