Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 16, 2009 - Day 37


Da Vinci watercolor on 14lb Aquarelle cold press watercolor paper

Today was another of those days when I felt totally blocked. I spent over 1 1/2 hours trying to decide what to paint. In the end I was almost hyperventilating because I was freaking out so much!

I love the pin-up art of the 1940's and the World War II propaganda posters so I decided to paint this dancer in that style.

I would like to do more of these types of paintings but I don't have my own reference photos and I can't use pictures of recognizable people without a signed release.

I had a thought though - why not do paintings in the pin-up style but have the subject matter animals?? I might have try that over the next couple of days.

I tried to center the headings for the pin-up propaganda poster images below by blogspot won't let me do it :(

Art of Edward D'Ancona

Rosie the Riveter WWII

No comments:

Post a Comment