Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 15, 2009 - Day 5

Da Vinci watercolor and Prismacolor colored pencils on
140 lb Bockingford cold press watercolor paper

Whew! Finally done! I had originally picked this carousel horse as my subject of today's ACEO because I thought it would be quick and easy. I guess I should have known it would take longer than I thought since I really love carousel horses :)

I am finding that since I started this project of 365 days of ACEOs that I am creating some of the best work that I have done . . . and I am creating it on a consistent basis. Previously my art was hit and miss. I created some paintings that I was really happy with but then I created a lot of stuff that I hated.

I think the big difference this time is that there is no pressure to create a masterpiece. When I was creating before I was always thinking "will this sell?" or worse yet "this HAS to sell". Now though, I am not even planning to sell the ACEOs until after I complete the project. This has taken a lot of the pressure to succeed off of my mind and has freed me to just paint.

I have rarely felt this good about my art and my talent before. Whoooooo hoooooooo!

1 comment:

  1. Nice color combination you have shown on this painting hope every one will use the Da Vinci watercolor and Prismacolor colored pencils in the same way as you have done the use of it.

    Savita

    Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete